It is all in the sauce! Really! This sauce is just amazing! I like to steam the chicken in my steam oven but will give the recipe for an oven baked chicken below. A quick and easy recipe but the chicken should be marinated for about 6-8 hours so don’t forget to allow time for this. The dish is also dairy free and low fodmap.
2 green chilies, seeds removed
2 tsp ground ginger
3 tbsp soy sauce (light)
12 coriander leaves
2 limes, zest and juice
1 tsp sugar (can be omitted)
400 ml coconut milk
1 tsp cornstarch (to be added to the sauce at a later stage)
5-600 grams chicken breast, mini fillets
250 ml wild rice
Chili flakes to decorate
1. Combine all ingredients for the sauce in a blender and run until smooth.
2. Place the chicken in the marinade for 6-8 hours, refrigerated.
3. Cook the rice according to the manufacturers instructions (generally 20 minutes in double amount of water)
4. Remove the chicken from the marinade and bake in a 200 C oven for 20 minutes (or until done).
5. In a small saucepan, heat the marinade/sauce. Combine the cornstarch with a little water (1-2 tsp) and stir until dissolved. While stirring, add the cornstarch mix to the sauce and make sure the sauce has been brought to a boil before removing from heat (otherwise it won’t thicken).
6. To serve, put a spoonful of sauce on the place and then, using a spoon or any other kitchen tool, spread the sauce out in a semi circle. With the help of a ring mold, add the rice to the plate. Add the chicken sprinkled with chili flakes.