Great and quite filling lunch or a good side dish to the BBQ. Remember to chop the veggies in very small cubes as this gives a much better and blended taste to the ratatouille! The Frozen Lemon Nut Butter needs to be made a day ahead (the almonds, thus, must be soaked for at least 12 hours before you start the nut butter recipe). This butter is great with many different dishes.
Frozen Lemon Nut Butter:
50 ml soaked, unpeeled almonds
100 ml water
100 ml olive oil
50 ml of the almond/water mix above
50 ml lemon juice
¼ tsp lemon zest
pinch of salt
Dash of chili flakes or ground black pepper (optional)
¼ teaspoon on lecithin (to better emulsify)
1. Combine the almonds and water in a blender, run until a smooth paste.
2. Combine the olive oil, part of the almond/water mix, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and (if you want it spicier) a dash of chili flakes/ground black pepper and, to better stay blended, a pinch of lecithin. Process in blender until smooth.
3. Pour into small ice cube molds (or praline molds) of silicon. Freeze 12 hours (until solid).
4. Why not make your own flavor frozen nut butter with the remaining almond cream? If so, please post you result in the comment section of this recipe!
1 large beetroot, peeled and sliced into 6 slices
Save the small end bits for the beetroot oil.
Olive oil and salt.
1. Roast the slices and end bits with some salt and olive oil in 215 C oven for 30-40 minutes
1. Mix the end pieces with some oil in small blender (or handheld mixer). Strain if necessary.
2 aubergines (eggplant)
2 beetroot stalks
1 small fennel bulb
Salt and pepper and lemon juice
Olive oil to fry in
3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. Chop the aubergines (eggplant), stalks, zucchinis and bulb into small cubes.
2. Fry a few minutes in a pan with olive oil, season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
3. Toast the seeds and add to ratatouille.
Decorate the plate with:
1. Paint the beetroot oil on the plate with a brush, add parsley and a few white and black sesame seeds
2. Make a circle with the ratatouille (large ring molds are very helpful here) and serve the frozen butter on top