I haven’t posted anything here for quite some time now. However, my Instagram account is up to date with, at least, weekly postings – @theglutenfreegourmet – so you can always find the latest food ideas there.
Today I’d like to serve you a wonderful “yoghurt”, believe me, you really want to try this. The Pistachio Yoghurt can be served with many vegetables. If you don’t want to do the aubergines, try with oven roasted carrots instead.
Serves 4 as a starter
200 ml pistachios, shelled and soaked in water over night
150 ml water
½ tablespoon agave
50 ml apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon salt (or more)
1. Blend together in a high-speed blender until smooth. Taste and add more salt if needed. Check the texture and add more water if you like.
2. Refrigerate. Should be served cold.
1 Aubergine, quartered
3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
½ lemon, zest
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
½ pomegranate, seeds from
1 teaspoon chili flakes
Pinch of pink Himalaya salt
1. Roast the aubergines quarters (skin side down), drizzled with olive oil and salt, in a 175 C oven for 30-40 minutes
2. Chop the parsley, grate the lemon, toast the sesame seeds (in a dry pan)
3. Squeeze a ripe pomegranate until soft, cut in half and squeeze over a bowl the let the seeds fall out.
4. Serve the aubergine with parsley, lemon zest, sesame seed, pomegranate seeds and Himalaya salt on top plus the “yoghurt” with added chili flakes on the side.