Zaatar is a wonderful spice mix often used in Middle Eastern cooking. It is based on Sumak (citrus/sour flavoured ground berries) and herbs.
3 tbsp zaatar
50 ml olive oil
200 ml uncooked quinoa
100 ml olive oil
50 ml white wine vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
12 sugar snaps, cut in 3rds
½ onion, finely chopped
200 g cherry tomatoes, halved (or, if large, quartered)
250 g canned kidney beans (drained weight)
250 g canned butter beans
1. Slowly whisk the Zaatar into the olive oil until well blended. Set aside.
2. Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the package. When cooked, stir in half of the Zaatar dressing.
3. Whisk the ingredients for the Dijon dressing.
4. Combine the beans, onion and tomatoes. Add half of the Dijon dressing.
5. When serving, play with drops of the remainders of the two dressings.