This week is quite busy, but I managed to make a wonderful apricot cream that I would like to share. Spread it on top of the Pecan Base (Raw Food Pecan Pie) which I posted in May (I am repeating the recipe below). Great afternoon snack or guilt free dessert!
150 ml pre-soaked (overnight) macadamia nuts
50 ml almond milk
2 tsp lemon juice
½ tsp vanilla extract
Dried apricots, 30 g, chopped
1. Blend everything except the apricot until smooth and creamy. (This is a great cream base for other flavors too).
2. Add dried apricots
3. Blend again, it is OK to leaves small pieces of the apricot.
4. Set aside.
(This recipe I posted already a few weeks ago but it is so yummy it really deserves to be included again.)
100 ml almonds
100 ml pecans
50 ml dried cranberries
50 ml pitted dates (about 5 pieces)
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
Dash of salt
1. Place all, except the oil, in a blender and mix until an even, creamy crumble.
2. Add the oil and blend another few minutes.
3. Spread the Pecan Base into a rectangular mold (using baking parchment or other non-stick sheet in the bottom).
4. Spread an equally thick layer of the apricot cream on top.
5. Refrigerate 1 hour minimum.
6. Cut into small, bite sized squares.
7. Serve chilled.