A wonderful vegetable side dish or starter, the tiny cubes takes for a lot of chopping but allows for the rich flavours to release and mix, thus creating a delicious dish!!
2 zucchinis/courgettes (1 to be kept for decorations)
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon oregano
2-4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Salt and pepper
4-5 tablespoons chopped parsley
Some chopped parsley to decorate and black pepper
1. Oven at 175 C
2. Cut one zucchini and one aubergine, first in 5 mm slices then lengthwise and across to create 5 mm cubes.
3. Cut the tomato into wedges, cut out the seeds and discard. Then cut the tomato flesh into fine cubes.
4. Chop the onion finely.
5. Mix the vegetables with the oil, juice and spices.
6. Spread in wide oven proof dish.
7. Bake for 25 minutes, stirring 3-4 times during this time.
8. Slice the remaining zucchini into very thin slices using a vegetable slicer, if you have. Also, a cheese slicer can be used (or a knife, but that is a bit harder) to create a long zucchini ribbon.
9. After the 25 minutes of baking, add the zucchini ribbons on top (see photo) and bake another 10 minutes.
10. To serve: press into ring molds, drizzle with oil and chopped parsley.