Sometimes you just need to make something quick (and delicious) with ingredients on hand. The only fresh ingredient (that is necessary in this recipe) is one aubergine (eggplant). The rest is probably already in your cupboard (or can be omitted).
1 large aubergine/eggplant, medium sized, cut into cubes
Riced cooked potato, Quinoa or Rice
1 large onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
3 tablespoons tandoori paste
400 g chickpeas, cooked
400 g chopped canned tomatoes
50 ml coconut milk
3 tsp mango chutney
Salt and pepper to taste
Cherry tomatoes (quartered) and parsley
1. Sautee the cubed aubergine in olive oil until browned.
2. Cook the potato and put through a potato ricer or prepare the quinoa or rice.
3. Sautee the onion and garlic until soft (do not brown them). Add the aubergine.
4. Stir in the tandoori paste, chickpeas and canned tomatoes. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add the coconut milk and heat up to a simmer.
6. Stir in the chutney.
7. Season with the salt and pepper
8. Serve with the potatoe/quiona/rice and tomatoes and parsley on top.