This is truly a superfood salad. Delicious, healthy and pretty! Inspired by the best vegan chef – Matthew Kenney. Quick to make but some items (kale and bell pepper) must be prepared in advance.
Oh, and the Kale is great to eat just as Kale Crisps. Don’t have to go in the salad.
1 large bunch of kale (to be dried into crisps)
1 yellow bell pepper
Tender spinach leaves
Olive oil and salt
200 ml walnuts, chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Some red pepper flakes
1 red bell pepper (to be dehydrated or roasted first to dry out a bit)
Salt to taste
1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
¼ minced garlic clove (optional)
Fresh oregano leaves
Black Hawaiian salt
Sprigs from carrot or fennel
1. Wash and dry the kale. Tear into smaller pieces. Massage olive oil and salt into the leaves and either dry in oven on 80-100 C for about 30-40 minutes or dehydrate on 45 C for 12 hours. Until crisp.
2. Spiralize the carrot, and turnip. Soften with olive oil/salt marinade.
3. Cut the yellow bell pepper into fine strips.
4. Halve the avocado, insert a knife in the flesh and cut in a cirkel but do not move the tip of the knife. This will give you small cone shaped pieces.
5. Massage some olive oil and lemon juice into the spinach leaves.
1. Cut the pepper into large pieces. Roast (200 C for 30-40 minutes) or dehydrate (overnight) to dry the pepper out.You don’t want a too wet gremolata.
2. Cut the walnuts into fine pieces.
3. Pulse all Gremolata ingredients in a food processor into small chunks.
1. Roll the blueberries in some olive oil so they look pretty.
2. Separate the small leaves of oregano.
1. Place the spinach at the bottom. Continue with the other salad ingredients.
2. Pile the gremolata on top
3. Sprinkle with blueberries, sprigs, oregano leaves and black salt.