The courgette pasta, courgette cut into long spaghetti strands (you do need a spiral slicer/spiralizer), is wonderful when combined with a flavoursome sauce. This anchovy sauce is both salty and sharp in taste, the perfect addition to this dish!
4 anchovies (tinned)
1 onion, chopped
1 tbsp tomato puree
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp capers
400 g chopped tomatoes
200 ml black olives, chopped
A handful of dry roasted pecans, pine nuts and pistachio nuts
Parmesan cheese, grated
5 courgettes, spiralized
- On medium heat, fry the anchovies and onion in the oil
- Add the tomato puree and chili flakes. Let cook 1-2 minutes
- Add the capers and cook another minute
- Add tomatoes and olives.
- Let simmer 5-10 minutes
- In a dry frying pan, toast the nuts, then add them to the anchovy mix.
- Using a spiralizer, create spaghetti looking strands from the courgette.
- Fry the courgette a few minutes on high heat.
- Serve with some Parmesan cheese.