Looking for a festive Easter holiday meal? How about this dish with a creamy avocado sauce full of flavours and Easter colours. A light dinner that goes well with all that Easter candy.
1 small avocado (do not let to avocado overpower the taste)
400 g coconut milk
100 ml basil
100 ml cilantro/coriander
2 tsp grated ginger
2 tsp grated lemongrass
2 tsp lime zest
3 tablespoons lime juice
2 tsp tamari soy sauce
½ thai chili, seeds removed
2 teaspoons of melted coconut oil
800 grams of cod fillets
2 tablespoons lime juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
10 small mushrooms, thinly shaved with a mandolin or knife
1 tablespoon of Tamari soy sauce
1 tablespoon of lime juice
Dash of salt
1 large zucchini
1 yellow bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
The Avocado Cream:
1. Run (all except the oil) in blender until a smooth mix. Taste, add some salt and chili powder if needed.
2. Add the melted coconut oil. Mix briefly.
3. Set aside. The sauce will be served at room temperature. If you want it warmer, either heat in blender (then wait with adding the oil until the sauce is warm enough) or on the stove.
1. Pour the oil and spices over the cod. Steam the fish in a steam oven, bake in an oven wrapped in aluminum foil parcel or in a steaming basket in a pan on the stove.
1. Pour the tamari, lime juice and salt over the mushrooms. Let marinate 30 minutes.
2. Fry in a bit of olive oil until all liquid has evaporated.
1. Spiralize the carrot and the zucchini
2. Thinly shave the radishes
3. Remove the membranes (white parts inside) from the bell peppers and slice into thin strips
Serve as is or add some toasted pecans and Quinoa.