This Avocado Cup is easy to make but takes a bit of time in the preparation.
The Macadamia nuts must be soaked for about 8 hours before blending. The stuffing is wonderfully nutty and can be used in many other dishes, on crackers or as a dip.
150 ml shelled pistachios, toasted and chopped
3 tablespoons fresh coriander/cilantro, chopped
3 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1,5 tablespoon orange zest
1,5 tablespoon lemon zest
1 tsp chili flakes
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
300 ml macadamias, soaked (in water) overnight
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1,5 teaspoons nutritional yeast
dash of salt
2-4 tablespoons of water – if needed
A few small salad leaves
1. Soak the macadamia nuts in water over night.
2. Rinse the macadamias well and place in blender together with lemon juice, nutritional yeast and salt.
3. Process until smooth. Add some water if needed. You want a texture as thick as peanutbutter. Set aside.
4. Combine the pistachio, herbs, zest, chili flakes, salt and olive oil in a separate bowl.
5. Take out a bit of the pistachio mix and keep on the side for later decoration.
6. Combine the contents of the two bowl. Set the bowl with the macadamia mix aside.
7. Cut the avocado in halves. NOT lengthwise as usual but across the middle!!! Cut off a thin slice in each end so that the avocado half will steadily stand – like a cup. With a sharp small knife, peel the avocado by cutting around the flesh as close to the peel as possible.
8. Place one half on a plate. Put a few small salad leaves in the middle, add the macadamia mix, sprinkle some of the extra pistachio mix on top and drizzle with a few drops of olive oil.