Semi soft ice cream with a hint of coffee liqueur. Deliciously creamy but can also be made with full fat yoghurt instead.
2 eggs, separated
1 tbsp sugar (for the yolks)
1 tsp sugar (for the egg whites)
2 dl whipping cream
3 tbsp kahlua liqueur
1 tsp cocoa powder
- Whisk the yolks with sugar
- Whisk the egg whites until it forms stiff peaks, then add the sugar and whisk some more
- Whisk the cream until firm, add the Kahlua
- Combine the cream and egg yolk mix.
- Fold in the egg whites to the cream and egg yolk batter.
- Fill any mold you like (I use the small, portion sized, silicon muffin molds)
- Place in freezer for a few hours (more if you have a larger mold that needs to set).
Turn onto plate and serve with berries. Sprinkle some cocoa powder on top.