This cake resembles the Spanish Tortilla. Tasty and quite filling. Can be served hot or cold. Great side dish or at the buffet.
6 medium sized potatoes, finely grated
2 onions, finely grated
3 tablespoons buckwheat flour
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon salt
A pinch of nutmeg
1 small red chili, finely chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
Broccoli crowns, small head, chopped
1 small zucchini, chopped
3 tablespoons chopped scallions/green onion
200 ml crème fraiche
150 g grated cheese
Heat oven to 200C
1. Combine the grated onion and potato
2. Add the combined egg mix
4. Add the chili, pepper, broccoli and zucchini
5. Pour into cake tin (spring form)
6. Bake 20 minutes
7. Remove from oven
8. Mix the green onion, crème fraiche, cheese and egg.
9. Spread the spring onion mix on top.
10. Bake another 30 minutes
Serve with a green salad.