4 egg yolks
2-3 drops of vanilla extract
100 g caster sugar
0.5 g saffron
250 ml whipping cream
300 g (frozen) raspberries
3 tbsp powdered sugar
- Whisk the eggs with the sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- If using strands of saffron, not the ground kind, use a pestle and mortar and grind the saffron threads to a powder. This is easiest done by also adding some sugar to the saffron.
- Add the saffron to the eggs mix.
- Whisk the cream separately, then fold in the egg mixture.
- Pour in cake tin and freeze for 3-4 hours.
- Thaw the raspberries.
- Add the sugar.
- Puree in blender.