A wonderful alternative to risotto. This dish is creamy, yet light. I prefer using the white quinoa since, although colourful and beautiful, the black and red versions can be perceived as a bit hard in texture.
200 ml Quinoa
400 ml chicken broth
1 banana shallot, finely diced
100 g pancetta, diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
0,5 g saffron
250 g mushroom, sliced
200 ml white wine
100 ml cream
30 g parmesan cheese, grated
cooked crayfish tails, shrimp, clams or other seafood
- Boil the quinoa (in chicken broth) according to the instructions on the package. Set aside.
- Sauté the onion over medium heat, then add the pancetta and sauté another couple of minutes. Add the garlic and saffron and then the mushrooms. Cook until most of the water (from the mushrooms) have evaporated, about 5-6 minutes.
- Pour the wine into the mixture and cook for a few minutes. Then add the cream and let simmer for another few minutes.
- Add the cooked quinoa and reheat while stirring.
- Add the parmesan cheese and gently fold in the seafood, saving a few pieces for the garnish. Carefully stir for a few minutes to heat through.
- Serve on individual plates (in ring molds) and add a few pieces of seafood on top. Finish by sprinkling some black pepper over the dish.