This is not a very sweet dessert. More like a berry oven omelet – like the French Clafoutis, but a much lighter option. Very quick to make. And healthy!
The cake is dairy free. If you want it egg free you can try substituting the eggs with flax-gel and/or the soaking water from chickpeas.
I like to serve this with some whipped Greek yoghurt, possibly flavoured with some vanilla extract, or maybe with the Apricot Macadamia Crème (in the Apricot Pecan Bite recipe), I recently posted.
Serves 4 – 6 people depending on serving size.
250 g frozen berries (save some for decorations or use some fresh raspberries for this)
75 ml almond flour
1 tablespoon agave syrup
2 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
200 ml almond milk
Oven at 200C
1. Place the berries in a greased pie mold (1 large mold or 4 individual).
2. Whisk the eggs slightly. Add remaining ingredients and whisk to combine.
3. Pour over raspberries. There will be about 400 ml mix in total.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes (individual molds) or 40 minutes for large pie mold.
5. Place some raspberries on top. Let cool slightly before serving.
Serve with a whipped Greek yoghurt or Apricot Macadamia Crème.