In this recipe, the Chorizo provides a little heat (depending on what kind you choose to use) and the tomatoes a hint of sweetness. The Parmesan cheese allows the molded shape to stay together on the plate. If you can’t find fresh chanterelles, use a mix of any other fresh mushroom you like. A delicious, quick and easy dish! May also be served as an accompanying dish for very hungry guests, goes well with baked, fresh salmon.
300 ml Wild Rice
300 ml white wine
350 ml chicken broth
½ leek, finely sliced
400 g fresh chanterelles (or any other mixed mushrooms such as Chestnut mushrooms, Portobello mushrooms…)
150 g Chorizo, diced
5 sundried, marinated tomatoes, cut into fine strips
250 g fresh baby leaf spinach, shredded
4-5 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
Salt and black pepper
Olive oil for frying
- Boil the rice a few minutes shorter than the time indicated on the package.
- In the oil, sauté leek and mushrooms on low to medium heat until most of the water has evaporated.
- Stir in the chorizo and the sundried tomatoes. Sauté until hot.
- Add the spinach, stir until wilted.
- Take off heat and add the cheese.
- Add the rice and mix well.
- Season with some salt, if needed.
- To serve; use a small bowl covered with cling film. Press the rice firmly into the bowl. Turn out onto a plate (put the plate on top of the bowl and then turn over), remove the bowl and cling film and sprinkle some black pepper on top and over the plate.