This is a great dish to serve on a Friday night when you don’t have a lot of time to cook. The curry can be prepared in advance (a day ahead) and only the fish added at the finishing stage.
500 g Cod Loins, cut into chunks (I would do 12 pieces, allowing for 3 per person)
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 small fennel, thinly sliced
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
400g chopped tomatoes
100 ml single cream
100 ml coconut milk
2 tsp red curry paste
1 tbsp honey
1 broccoli, cut into small florets
Salt and pepper
Fresh coriander leaves for decoration
200 ml cashews
1/2 tbsp ground cumin
Salt from a salt mill
200 ml Greek yoghurt
- Sauté the onion, when soft add the fennel and the pepper and gently sauté another few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, the cream+milk, the curry paste and honey and let simmer a few minutes.
- Add the broccoli. Simmer another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add the fish, simmer until done (6-7 minutes depending on the size of your chunks)
- Dry roast the cashews in a pan. Add the cumin and salt towards the end.
- Serve with the coriander and cashews sprinkled on top and the Greek yoghurt spooned over.