This fantastic casserole I’ve found in a magazine and now love to cook with very few adjustments. The nutty fruity quinoa goes well with the many spicy flavours of the casserole. Take care with the chili and the red curry paste as to not make it too spicy. I usually remove the seeds of the chili, taste a small piece of the flesh and then decide if I can use all or just part of it. Tasting and adjusting the seasoning is key when making a casserole.
500g lamb or beef, cut into pieces
Salt and pepper
1 garlic clove, crushed
4 spring onions, sliced
1 cinnamon stick
3 tbsp ginger, freshly grated
1 chili, seeds removed, finely chopped
1 tsp red curry paste
1 dl water
2 tsp gluten free soy sauce
100 g spinach
Nutty Fruity Quinoa:
300 ml multicolored quinoa (mix of red, black and white), washed
600 ml of chicken or vegetable broth
Dried mango, chopped into small pieces
100g of pecans, dry pan roasted and chopped
- In a hot pan brown the meat, season with salt and pepper
- Add garlic and spring onion , sauté until soft
- Add cinnamon, ginger, chili, curry paste, water and soy sauce
- Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the cinnamon stalk.
- Add the spinach, heat until wilted.
- Cook the quinoa in the broth according to directions of the package. Add the mango and pecan pices.