This is one of my favourite desserts. I keep coming back to it, making small changes and enjoying it even more than before. You’ve probably seen a few different versions of this already on my blog. Make in advance and have on hand in the fridge.
It’s wonderful dessert to be enjoyed in small servings – the perfect ending to dinner.
Also, it is a great Low Fodmap, dairy free and vegan dessert.
Serves 8-10 (depending on cup size. I use small espresso cups)
300 ml coconut milk
½ teaspoon Agar Agar Powder (or any other gelatin you feel comfortable working with – if using Agar Agar flakes, much more is needed, about 1/2 table spoon instead)
½ vanilla bean, seeds
Dash of salt
150 g vegan dark chocolate
1. Dissolve the agar agar in a little cold water.
2. Bring the coconut milk to boil. Add the agar agar and let simmer for at least 3 minutes.
3. Add the seeds from the vanilla bean and a dash of salt. Let simmer another minute.
4. Take off heat.
5. Chop the chocolate and add to the milk. Stir until dissolved.
6. Pour into small espresso cups (or similar)
7. Refrigerate 1-2 hours before serving.
8. Serve with some sprinkled coarse salt on top.